December’s box honors winter’s true arrival fall with warming soups and flavorful snacks and drinks you’ll want to share around your holiday table. Or maybe they’ll be so good you’ll keep them for yourself! December is also a great time to think about Saucefly gift boxes or special gift items like Mexican glassware that Sara offers.
* Sangria Mix – This is our favorite winter cocktail mixer. You can make a big batch for groups of friends or sip a glass of sangria ‘cargado’ (charged) by a warm fire. We make our own grape juice! This Saucefly favorite is created with love and you’ll never have another Sangria like it.
* Poblano-Habanero Salsa – CHIPS! Who doesn’t like snacking on some chips with a delicious dip. Or use this on a smoked fish plate with cremé fraiche, or in omelets. This is the kind of spice, that becomes an addiction.
* Double Chocolate Cookie Dough – Bake at 375 until almost done then remove tray from oven and press a marshmallow on top. Do not overcook. Drizzle with ganache and sprinkle peppermint crunch on top.
* Mango Chutney – I love this as a side dish to Middle Eastern or Morrocan food, that’s why we included Saucefly’s Tahini Sauce and Pomegranate Glaze in this month’s box. Just pick your protein and make basmati rice.
* Mostarda – Made with honey, tomatillos, and mustard seed. Use this along with an indulgent cheese plate.
* Roasted Red Pepper Veloute – This is a great base for pasta, chicken, or sauteed vegetables.
* Brandied Cherries – Whether you use these now in a Manhattan or later atop a simple vanilla sundae, these keep a long time (you might want to keep them a secret . . .)
* Gumbo Soup Base – Just heat this delicious soup base up and add 32 ounces of chicken or vegetable stock and your choice of seafood. We suggest a half pound each of crab, white fish (like snapper), and bay shrimp or regular shrimp cut long-wise for easier poaching. Serve over rice, with a wedge of lemon and a dash of your Saucefly Poblano Salsa.
• Special Salt From Jacobsen Salt Co.