November’s box celebrates fall with flavors that are perfect for your Thanksgiving table such as cranberry, pumpkin, and chocolate.
* Heirloom Tomato Bloody Mary – Made from fresh tomatoes. Drink this flavorful mix without vodka, at night, over ice, or with a healthy dose of vodka if you prefer!
* All Butter Pie Crust – Thanksgiving day just got a LOT easier! Keep chilled until ready to roll out. Flour the counter and pound the edges a bit to soften it up, Keep flipping and flouring so it doesn’t stick. Along with the Fresh Pumpkin Puree, your desert is done!
* Fresh Cranberries
* Fresh Pumpkin Puree – Put this in the freezer if you don’t plan on using it within 10 days. Add a whole bag of pumpkin, one can of evaporated milk, 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, powdered ginger, 1/2 teaspoon each cloves, nutmeg, salt, and 1 cup white or brown sugar. Mix well. Prick the pie crust with a fork. Place foil on the bottom with pie weights on top and bake for 15 minutes. Pour the puree into the prepared pie crust. Bake at 350 until the top is firm and maybe slightly cracked, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool and serve with maple whipped cream.
* Marbella Marinade – Marbella is a classic marinade of oil, vinegar, capers, olives, prunes, and herbs. Place a whole, cut up chicken in a large ziplock bag and marinate overnight. Bake chicken and marinade at 400 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. You may need to remove the breast pieces and let the dark meat cook a little longer. Serve with wild rice, and a parsley salad.
* Romesco Dip – This is a quintessential fall condiment. And of course, Saucefly’s Romesco has a little kick to it. Serve this with roast chicken and vegetables.
* Shiitake Stir Fry – This sauce should be used to ‘season’ an easy stir fry dinner. For the best results always use a very hot pan, and cook each item individually. Add little oil, then green beans, then take them out of the pan and set aside. Then cook the carrots. That way, each item is cooked al dente. Cook your protein completely. Add vegetables back to pan and season with the Saucefly Shiitake stir fry sauce. Serve with jasmine rice.
* Italian Dressing – It might be kind of funny to use Italian dressing on a Greek salad, but that is what Chef Sara does at her house. You can also dress steamed green beans. Add feta cheese and pine nuts to spiff up the holiday table.
* Spiced Nuts
* Organic Imported Chocolate
**If you have ANY questions about cooking, or need ideas on how to use your items because of different dietary restrictions, feel free to e-mail me: